We will always respect your privacy.
Morrison’s Academy ("we", "us" or "our" for short) is registered to collect and process personal data under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act" for short). Morrison’s Academy is a data controller of your personal information for the purposes of the Act.
Introduction and General Terms
In order to provide you with the full range of Morrison’s Academy services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- what information Morrison’s Academy may collect about you;
- how Morrison’s Academy will use information we collect about you;
- when Morrison’s Academy may use your details to contact you;
- whether Morrison’s Academy will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
Wherever our website contains links to other websites owned and operated by third parties, they will have their own privacy and cookie policies and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information submitted by you or collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
What information will Morrison’s Academy collect about me?
When you sign up to Morrison’s Academy website, including newsletters and registering as a former pupil, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Morrison’s Academy to provide you with the services you select.
We also use your IP address to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not.
How will Morrison’s Academy use the information they collect about me?
Morrison’s Academy will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for administration purposes. Morrison’s Academy may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, eg to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance;
- to personalise messages from Morrison’s Academy to you;
- we may process the data you have given us in order to contact you with relevant messages from Morrison’s Academy;
- we may send you regular newsletter communications or alerts about Morrison’s Academy marketing activity that you have subscribed to, which you can unsubscribe from at any time;
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use;
- to analyse and improve the services offered on the Morrison’s Academy website. eg to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
When will Morrison’s Academy contact me?
Morrison’s Academy may contact you:-
- in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Morrison’s Academy can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have made to Morrison’s Academy;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Morrison’s Academy services (participation is always voluntary);
- for marketing purposes where you have agreed to this
Online pages will give you detailed information about how Morrison’s Academy will contact you in relation to specific services.
A note for children
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Morrison’s Academy might contact you from time to time for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you. However, we will never send you emails requesting you to confirm account information to us by return email or by directing you to a website. This is also known as phishing where anonymous third parties try to gather personal information while claiming to be from a bona fide organisation.
Will Morrison’s Academy share my personal information with anyone else?
Your personal details will not be supplied to any third party.
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or for offensive or inappropriate behaviour. Generally, we will only use your information within Morrison’s Academy. However, we may use third parties to process your information. Morrison’s Academy will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How long will Morrison’s Academy keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Morrison’s Academy. In the case that you wish to cancel your registration with Morrison’s Academy, once an account is deleted a flag goes on the database and, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of time for administration purposes only before being deleted.
Can I find out what personal information Morrison’s Academy holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Morrison’s Academy holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office, reference Z5767992.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. By using the Morrison’s Academy website and portal you accept the use of these cookies on your computer.
A cookie is a small amount of data which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the website to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Here is a list of the cookies used on the Morrison’s Academy website:
Cookie pop-up to allow cookies -
Mura Content Management System -
Session cookies for login area (essential to maintain a session throughout a site visit) -
Google Analytics (used to collect information about how visitors use our site) -
The Data Protection Officer